High Smithstone Bed & Breakfast is a traditional farmhouse set in 360 acres of Ayrshire farmland on the outskirts of Kilwinning and yet only 2.5 miles from Kilwinning town centre.
We have accommodation to suit all types – Bed and Breakfast for those who want to be looked after and spoilt and a Self-Catering cottage for those who like a little more independence.
We provide Bed and Breakfast accommodation for a maximum of 7 guests, in 3 rooms, ensuring a relaxing peaceful stay. All rooms are en-suite with flat screen TV’s and have tea and coffee making facilities. These rooms occupy a separate and quiet location away from the family living area and have their own private entrance to the Bed and Breakfast.
A Scottish farmhouse breakfast is served between 0600 and 1000 hours in the guest lounge which has views overlooking the farm and onwards towards the Firth of Clyde and Ailsa Craig.
High Smith Farm Bed and Breakfast is ideally located to enjoy such activites as:
- Golfing: With 40 local courses and championship courses at Royal Troon and Turnberry; Ayrshire is a golfer’s paradise.
- Sailing: Take the Seacat from Troon across to Ireland or try a spot of island hopping from Ardrossan to Arran and beyond.
- Sight Seeing: Uncover Scotland’s literary greats, trace back your family history and marvel at some truly breathtaking castles and monuments such as Culzean Castle, Robert Burns Birth Place Museum or Dumfries House.
- Bird watching: Enjoy a day of bird watching at Muirshiel Country Park and the RSPB centre at Lochwinnoch.
- Fishing: There are a number of excellent salmon fishing rivers within the county such as the River Ayr, River Doune, River Girvan and the river Stinchar.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to High Smithstone Farm Bed and Breakfast, with its stunning views and excellent bed and breakfast facilities, and where you can experience genuine Scottish hospitality.